Friday, January 3, 2014

A Live-in Experience: the splendrous apartment of Count and Countess Hubert d’Ornano...

My "1-Click" account with Amazon is well used. I  recently "1-clicked" Howard Slatkin book "Fifth Avenue Style: A Designer's New York Apartment" and a book I highly recommend. Howard is to be congratulated for the excellent work and his "jeweled piece of interior" that he graciously shared with his readers. 

As I flipped through the beautiful pages of Howard book, my mind kept going back to the apartment of Count and Countess Hubert d’Ornano. An apartment that has been a subject of books, magazines, and blogs. For those who had the privilege to visit  for dinner parties or tours aptly describe it as artistically "jeweled piece of interior, which is formidably  challenging to  interpret  at first  as it counts among its elements of decor, pieces from the fifteen century to modern day."

What mark the d'Ornano apartment  for me is niftily captured by this remark attributed to  Countess d'Ornano,  and she said; "there are one or two good pieces in each room. I'd rather have it this way than have 10 masterpieces per room, where you become the slave of your objects.'' More importantly, the apartment has a lived-in experience manifested by pictures of the family and many artists that made it alluring and magical. 

Here is a video clip I put together of the apartment.





And here are few pictures:































No comments:

Post a Comment